Welcome to Academic Support & Student Life
To fully engage students in a supportive, collaborative, and challenging learning environment by providing diverse opportunities for student learning, development, and success. Additionally, we promote students’ intellectual, personal, professional and social growth through transformative educational experiences that encourage students to become responsible global citizens who will s use their voices, talents, and abilities to advocate, lead, and serve both domestically and abroad.
Strengthened by our Catholic and Mercy tradition, Student Affairs contributes to the mission of the University by:
- Developing programs, activities, practices and policies that reinforce the Mercy Core Values and offer students opportunities for personal growth and development in all aspects of their lives.
- Promoting a dynamic campus environment that fosters the academic, spiritual, social and character development of each student.
- Emphasizing personal responsibility, deep respect for others, leadership development, and concern for the common good through service and volunteerism.
- Empowering and supporting students to persist in their academic efforts through graduation.
- Serving as an interface and resource for students to the myriad of services and support systems available at the University in a caring environment.
Student Affairs Shared Values:
As educators and professionals, Student Affairs holds in high regard the following shared values:
Justice: as evidenced by recognizing the dignity of all human beings and educating students to be globally conscious.
Respect: as evidenced by personal responsibility to appreciate social and cultural differences as strengths.
Integrity: as evidenced by commitment to the highest level of professional, academic and personal values.
Service: as evidenced by campus and community partnerships geared to student success.
Compassion: as evidenced by reaching out emphatically to those in need in the local community and beyond.