For Immediate Release
Georgian Court’s Varied Musical Repertoire Welcomes Spring
Lakewood, N.J., Mar. 5, 2007—Georgian Court University’s hoppin’ Jazz Band kicks off the spring musical season with its annual spring concert on Sunday, March 25, at 2:00 p.m. in the Ruggiero room on the Lakewood campus. Additional solo and band concerts will follow for a varied musical menu that is sure to leave the spring season forever fresh in your mind:
- GCU Jazz Band Spring Concert, Sunday, March 25, 2:00 p.m., Ruggiero Room
- GCU Concert Band Spring Concert, Monday, April 2, 7:30 p.m., Casino Auditorium
- Faculty Recital, Sunday, April 15, 7:30 p.m., Marron Chapel
- Student Recital, Monday, April 23, 7:00 p.m., Marron Chapel
- Court Singers & Flute Ensemble Spring Concert, Sunday, April 29, 7:30 p.m., The Mansion
- GCU String Orchestra Spring Concert, Wednesday, May 2, 7:30 p.m., Marron Chapel
- Chorale Spring Concert, Saturday, May 5, 7:30 p.m., Casino Auditorium
- Student Recital, Monday, May 7, 7:00 p.m., Marron Chapel
- Faculty Recital, Wednesday, May 9, 7:00 p.m., Marron Chapel
All musical events take place on the university’s campus in Lakewood. Reservations are not necessary, except for Mansion events due to limited seating. Costs for Concert Band, Court Singers, String Orchestra, and Chorale concerts are $10 general admission, $5 for senior citizens and students, and free for all GCU students, faculty, and staff with a university ID. All recitals and the Jazz Band Concert are free. For more information, please call GCU’s Department of Music at 732.987.2624.
Founded in 1908 and sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, Georgian Court University is a comprehensive university with a strong liberal arts core and a special concern for women. A forward-thinking university that supports diversity and academic excellence, Georgian Court serves over 3,000 students of all faiths and backgrounds in a residential Women's College and a coeducational University College with undergraduate and graduate programs. Georgian Court's main campus is located at 900 Lakewood Avenue, Lakewood, N.J., on the picturesque former George Jay Gould estate, now named a National Historic Landmark. Georgian Court also offers classes at its site at 90 Woodbridge Center Drive in Woodbridge and at Coastal Communiversity in Wall and Cumberland County College in Vineland.
# # #