Alumni & Special Guest Policy
Access to most library services and resources is restricted to currently enrolled students, staff and faculty. However, alumni are welcome to visit the library in person to access on-site resources, e.g. books and print journals. Information about the library, its resources and hours of operation can be found at: http://www.georgian.edu/library/index.htm
How to Obtain a Library Card
Your alumni ID card obtained from the office of Alumni Engagement (732) 987-2232 will enable you to acquire a GCU library card at no charge. Valid identification showing your current address must be presented to register or renew your library card. It must be activated at the Circulation Desk before use and must be presented to borrow materials. Library borrowing privileges expire one year from date of issuance but may be renewed. Your card may only be used by the person to whom it was issued. For additional information, please contact the Circulation Desk at (732) 987-2419.
At the Circulation Desk you may:
- Register for a library card, which will be valid for one year.
- Use reserve and audiovisual materials in the library.
- Check out circulating books for four weeks excluding Children's/YA Collection.
- Review the status of your account. You can also view the titles of your books checked out and dates due in the online catalog under My Account.
In the Reference area you may:
- Have a librarian log you onto a reference computer if available. Current students have priority use of computers.
- Access databases, having identified yourself to the librarian at the Reference Desk. The library’s contracts with database vendors do not include remote access for alumni. New Jersey residents may obtain access to electronic resources at their local public library.
- Email or save documents to your own jump drive. A moderate amount (5-10 pages) of printing is permitted, however alumni are encouraged to email or save their documents.
- You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card and liable for fines for overdue, damaged and lost items.
- Borrowed materials and library cards should not be loaned to other individuals.
If an item is currently checked out it may be recalled. A recall is a request to “recall” an item from its current borrower. Recalled materials are due within 14 days of notification to the current borrower. Overdue recalled items are fined $1.00 per day.
||Lost Item Charges
|Regular Circulating Books
.10 per day
$ 10.00 max per book
Recent Purchases- Full Price
Plus $5.00 processing fee
|Audio Visual Materials
||In-Library Use ONLY
|Replacement Library Card