The Institutional Effectiveness Committee was created in support of goal to “develop a culture of planning and assessment to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness in the management of the university.” It fulfills an advisory, monitoring, and coordinating role at Georgian Court University in planning and assessment matters and advises the President on the implementation and evaluation of the Georgian Court Strategic Plan and all aspects of institutional assessment. The Committee's responsibilities include annual evaluation of assessment plans and of progress toward achievement of the institution’s strategic initiatives and other planning objectives.
Its duties include:
- The creation of an Institutional Effectiveness policy, procedure and reporting format, to include the Institutional Effectiveness Plan.
- Providing a forum for the sharing of planning and assessment techniques and best practices.
- Reviewing institutional level data and identifying issues need to be brought to the President and/or the Planning and Budgeting Council.
- Publishing a planning, budget, and assessment calendar for integration and synchronization of all institutional effectiveness activities.
- Working with Board of Trustees executive committee to ensure that all institutional effectiveness efforts are being met and accreditation standards are being followed.
- Benchmarking of peer institutions and other third-parties.
Members of the Institutional Effectiveness Committee are appointed by the President:
- Wayne Arndt, Director of Institutional Research and Decision Support
- Lisa Biagas, Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness and Planning
- Karen Goff, Dean of Students
- Michael Gross, Associate Provost for Academic Program Development
- Maureen Ryan-Hoffman, Controller
- Pamela Schneider, Assistant Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment
- Louise Wootton, Past Chair of the Executive Officers of the Faculty Assembly