For Immediate Release
Georgian Court University Offers Seasonal Music Selections
Lakewood, N.J., Sept. 21, 2007—Music lovers have something to look forward to this fall at Georgian Court University. The GCU Department of Music will begin their season on Sunday, October 14, with a Faculty Recital in the Dorothy Marron University Community Chapel at 7:00 p.m. Other concerts offered during the season include the following
- Jazz Band Fall Concert, Sunday, November 11, 2:00 p.m., Ruggiero Room
- Student Recital, Friday, November 30, 7:00 p.m., Dorothy Marron University Community Chapel
- Concert Band Christmas Concert, Monday, December 3, 7:30 p.m., Casino
- Chorale Christmas Concert, Saturday, December 8, 7:30 p.m., Casino
- Court Singers & Flute Ensemble Christmas Concert, Monday, December 10, 7:30 p.m., The Mansion
- String Orchestra December Concert, Saturday, December 15, 7:30 p.m., Dorothy Marron University Community Chapel
All musical events take place on the university’s Lakewood campus. Reservations are not necessary, except for performances in The Mansion due to limited seating and for groups. The cost for concerts is $10 general admission, $5 for senior citizens and non-GCU students, and free for GCU students, faculty, and staff with a university ID. The recitals are free to all.
For more information or reservations, please call GCU’s Department of Music at 732.987.2624.
Founded in 1908 and sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, Georgian Court University is a comprehensive university with a strong liberal arts core and a special concern for women. A forward-thinking university that supports diversity and academic excellence, Georgian Court serves over 3,000 students of all faiths and backgrounds in a residential Women's College and a coeducational University College with undergraduate and graduate programs. Georgian Court's main campus is located at 900 Lakewood Avenue, Lakewood, N.J., on the picturesque former George Jay Gould estate, now named a National Historic Landmark. Georgian Court also offers classes at its site at 90 Woodbridge Center Drive in Woodbridge and at Coastal Communiversity in Wall and Cumberland County College in Vineland.
# # #