Robert Louden, Ph.D.
Posted on Door
Sociology / Anthropology / Criminal Justice
|Vita(PDF): R. Louden Vita
- Ph.D., M.Phil, City University of New York (CUNY) Graduate School;
- M.A., John Jay College of Criminal Justice;
- B.A., The City College of New York
- "Active shooter in the Emergency Department: A scenario-based training approach for healthcare workers" Kotora, JG, Clancy T, Manzon l, Malik V, Louden RJ, Merlin MA.
Am J Disaster Med. 2014 Winter; 9 (1):39-51. doi: 10.5055/ajdm.2014.0140
- "Hostage Negotiation" in Encyclopedia of Criminal Justice Ethics. Ed by Bruce A. Arrigo. Thousand Oaks CA; Sage, 2014.
- "Bumpurs, Eleanor (1918-1984)"; "Davis, Larry (1966-2008)"; "Streetwise Project". In African Americans and Criminal Justice: An Encyclopedia. Ed. by B. D. Frazier, D. Jones-Brown, Santa Barbara, CA; Greenwood, 2014.
- "Hostage/Crisis Negotiation: A Means to an End." In Contemporary Theory, Research and Practice of Crisis and Hostage Negotiation. Ed. by Randall G. Rogan and Frederick J. Lanceley. Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press, Inc. (2010).
- "Hostage/Crisis Negotiation: An Exemplar of FBI and Local Law Enforcement Cooperation." in Law Enforcement Executive Forum, (2008) 8 (1) pp. 27-39.
- "Policing Post – 9/11" in Fordham Urban Law Journal. (2005, July) (XXXII) (4) pp.757-765.
- "Selection and Training of Police Hostage Negotiators: What's Missing?" in Law Enforcement Executive Forum, (2004) 4 (2) pp. 47-53.
- "Negotiation Under Extreme Pressure: The 'Mouth Marines' and the Hostage Takers" with J. Cambria, R. DeFilippo, H.McGowan, (October 2002) Negotiation Journal (18) (4) pp.331-343.
- "Hostage Negotiation as a Team Enterprise"[with C. Bahn] (1999) Group, (23) (2) pp.77-85.
- CJ211 Intro to Criminal Justice
- CJ351 Comparative Criminal Justice Systems
- CJ331 Research Methods in Criminal Justice
- CJ355 Political Crimes & Terrorism
- CJ333 Internship in Criminal Justice
- CJ361 Private Security Systems
- CJ398 Special Topic: Homeland Security
- CJ398 Special Topic: Hostage Negotiation
- CJ495 Senior Seminar in Criminal Justice
- FY 201 Transfer Seminar
- Hostage Negotiation; CJ and Disasters; Chaplains in Law Enforcement;
Service to the University:
- Middle States Working Group Chair
- Chair, Science and Mathematics Curriculum Committee
- CJ Faculty Search Committee Chair
- Faculty Advisor ODK-International Leadership Honor Society
- Moderator, CJ Club
- International Association of Hostage Negotiators; Advisory Board
- Redeem-Her; Board of Trustees
- Ocean County Violence Prevention Coalition; Member
- Saint Barnabas Institute for Prevention; Community Advisory Panel
Why I love GCU:
- Openness; Honesty; Challenge; Caring;