Barbara Herbert, M.L.S.
vary due to reference schedule and evening/weekend hours
- Graduate of Brick Township H.S.
- Associate in Arts - Ocean County College
- Bachelor of Arts - Georgian Court College
- Master of Library Service - Rutgers University
- Teacher of Social Studies Grades 7-12
- Educational Media Specialist Grades K-12
- Professional Librarian
- Hollander, S., Herbert, B. & Steiglitz DePalma. K. (2004) Faculty-librarian cooperation. IN Perlman, L. McCann, & S. McFadden (Eds.) Lessons learned v. 2: Practical advice for the teaching of psychology )pp. 127-135). Washington, DC: American Psychological Society.
- Information literacy instruction provided to classes in education and psychology; First Year Seminar
- Information literacy, Copyright law
Service to the University
- School of Education Curriculum Committee, Library Committee,Balloting Subcommittee, member of the IMPACT Grant Team
- Past member of Admissions Oversight Committee, Faculty Handbook Committee, Academic Standing Committee, Campus Community Committee
- Past Moderator of The Court Singers (1980-1985)
Why I Love GCU
- GCU has provided several opportunities that would not have been available to me in public schools or public libraries - establishment of Central AV, establishment of the NASA Educator Resource Center, and planning the current library building.