Beth Schaefer, Ph.D.
- B.A., Boston University, M.A., Ph.D., Boston College
- E. Collett and B. Schaefer, Polarized Light for Scientists and Engineers, Polawave group, 2012.
- Schaefer et al, An estimation of the number and size of atoms in a printed period, The Physics Teacher, 49, 2011.
- E. Collett and B. Schaefer, Electrodynamic theory of fluorescence polarization of solutions: theory and application to the determination of protein-protein separation, Applied Optics, 48, 2009.
- E. Collett and B. Schaefer, The visualization and calculation of polarized light 2. Application of the Hybrid PolarizationSphere, Applied Optics, 47, 2008.
- E. Collett and B. Schaefer, Visualization and calculation of polarized light 1. The polarization ellipse, the Poincare sphere and the hybrid polarization sphere, Applied Optics, 47, 2008.
- B. Schaefer and E. Collett, A Rotating Waveplate Polarization Analyzer from The Wolfram Demonstrations Project, http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/ARotatingWaveplatePolarizationAnalyzer/
- Schaefer, et al., Measuring the Stokes Polarization Parameters, Am. Journal of Physics, 75, 2007
- B. A. Schaefer (nee Allor), M. J. Graf, J. L. Smith, and Z. Fisk, Magnetoresistance of thoriated UBe13, Physica B 165&166, 359 (1990).
- PH111-112 Physics in your Life
- PH114 Aeronautics and Space Exploration with NASA
- PH121-122 General Physics
- SC111-112 Integrated Science
- SC115 Science Technology and Society
- PH221 Vibrations and Waves
- PH227 Modern Physics
- PH/CS235 Electronics for Scientists
- PH310 Mathematical Physics
- PH322 Optics
- PH337 Astronomy
- PH350 Mechanics
- PH360 Solid State Physics
- SC405 Earth Science
- PH421 Experimental Physics
- PH422 Quantum Mechanics
Service to the University:
- Present Committees: General Education Committee, Academic Standards Committee, Executive Committee
- Past Committees: Ballot Committee, Curriculum Committee, Faculty Concerns, IT Committee, Program Review Committee
- Past chair of Mathematics and Physics Department
Why I love GCU:
- Individual student contact with faculty, family atmosphere