Claribel Young, Ph.D.
Room 107, A&S
Monday and Wednesday 2 to 4 pm, before class and by appointment.
History, Geography & Political Science
- Ph.D Rutgers University, Anglo-American History
- MA Rutgers University, British History
- BA Georgian Court College
- AA Ocean County College
- 2010 "Georgian Court Centennial Celebration" Lakewood Heritage Newsletter
- 2001 Four topics in the New Jersey Encyclopedia, "Lady Elizabeth Carteret," "Jeremiah Basse," "Georgian Court college," and "Education in New Jersey."
- "Women and Land ownership in Proprietary East Jersey: the Case of Sarah Reape, Quaker," New Jersey History, Fall/Winter 1999. Pp. 46-63.
- "Why Teach New Jersey? Because It Makes Good Sense," The Docket, Journal of the New Jersey Council for the Social Studies, Spring/?Summer, 1997.
- 1989 e-text of New Jersey Studies.
- Book Review of Lewis Morris, 1671-1746 by Eugene Sheridan. New Jersey History Magazine, Spring/Summer. 1978.
- Spring 1977 "A Reexamination of William Cobbett's Opinion of Thomas Paine," Journal of the Rutgers University Library.
Workshops, Papers and Presentations Given
- 2010 "Abraham Lincoln and William A. Newell, a Friendship," presented at Scotch Plains Library in conjunction with the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Celebration in NJ.
- 2/11/2005 "Personnel Problems in the Department," Annual Department Chairs Conference, Orlando, Fla.3/21/2004 "Touring NJ on the Web: Using Computers in the Classroom" at the History Issues Conference in Trenton, NJ.
- March 2003 Panel Discussion;" Using Local History to Teach," at the History Issues Conference, War Memorial,Trenton.
- October 2003 "Using Archival materials in the classroom" at the Monmouth County Historical Association,Freehold.
- Fall 2000 "The Creation of Monmouth County" at Archives Day, Monmouth Library, Manalapan.
- HI 350 History of New Jersey
- HI 131 Survey of American History
- HI 354 History of Ireland
- HI 310 Colonial America
- HI 333 Civil War and Reconstruction
- Hi 352 American Revolution and Aftermath
- New Jersey 17c. Abraham Lincoln and William Augustus Newell
Service to the University:
- Service on committees: Rank and Tenure, Faculty Concerns, Technology, Undergraduate Curriculum Handbook, Department Chair