Andrew Weber, Ph.D.
Arts & Science
Chemistry & Biochemistry Department
- Ph.D., Analytical Chemistry, Seton Hall University, 1985
- M.S., Analytical Chemistry, Seton Hall University, 1984
- B.A., Chemistry, William Paterson College, 1978
- Andrew J. Weber, Mary Lynn Grayeski, "Peroxyoxalate Chemiluminescence Detection With Capillary Liquid Chromatography", Analytical Chemistry, May 1986
- Mary Lynn Grayeski, Andrew J. Weber; "Investigation of Instrument Parameters for the Application of Peroxyoxalate Chemiluminescence Detection to Microbore Chromatography", Analytical Letters 17 (A13), 1984, 1539-1552
- 1992 - Instrument Society of America, Siemens On-line Water Analysis Workshop, "Ground Water Remediation: A Pilot Plant For Process Control And On-Line Monitoring Investigations", Andrew J. Weber, William E. Newman, Thomas Smith
- 1986 - Pittsburgh Conference (Paper No. 063), "Peroxyoxalate Chemiluminescence Detection With Packed Capillary Liquid Chromatography", Andrew J. Weber, Mary Lynn Grayeski
- 1984 - Pittsburgh Conference (Paper No. 643), "Evaluation of Peroxyoxalate Chemiluminescence Detector for Microbore HPLC", Andrew J. Weber, Mary Lynn Grayeski
- Quantitative Analysis
- Instrumental Analysis
- General Chemistry I&II
- General Chemistry laboratory I&II
- Introductory Chemistry I&II
- Introductory Chemistry Laboratory I&II
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry Laboratory I&II
- Integrated Science I&II
- Chemiluminescence in rapid screening of environmental samples, immunochemical techniques for environmental applications, two dimensional (2D) liquid chromatographic analysis of environmental and polymer matrices, application of carbon absorption for the removal of dyes and dye intermediates from waste streams and automation of wet chemical methods for the analysis of soil and water samples.
Service to the University:
- Academic Program Review Council: 1997 - 1999.
- Academic Standards Committee: 1997 - 2009; Chair 2000 - 2004; 2006 - 2009.
- Academic Subcommittee on Academic Standing: 2003 - 2009.
- Academic Administrators Forum: 2003 - 2006.
- Undergraduate Curriculum Committee: 1998 - 2002, 2004 - 2005.
- Planning and Resource Allocation: 2000 - 2002.
- Executive Committee: 2000 - 2004, 2006 - 2009.
- Environmental Committee: 2003 - 2009.
Why I Love GCU:
- The commitment to student success. I believe it is the unique character and composition of the faculty and staff who work tirelessly to insure the growth of our students that sets us apart from other institutions.