Georgian Court University is a leading regional university that provides a transformative education, preparing students for ethical leadership and service in the Catholic Mercy tradition.
Georgian Court University, founded and sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, provides comprehensive liberal arts education in the Roman Catholic
tradition. The university has a special concern for women and is a dynamic
community committed to the core values of justice, respect, integrity, service,
and compassion, locally and globally. Georgian Court University provides
students with: a curriculum broad enough to be truly liberal, yet specialized
enough to support further study and future careers; an environment for the
entire university community to grow through shared educational, cultural,
social, and spiritual experiences; and the will to translate concern for social
justice into action.
The university is committed to the Mercy core values of justice, respect, integrity, service, and compassion.
- Respect: We reverence the dignity of all persons and all life as gifts of God and strive to promote community in our world.
- Integrity: We believe that fidelity to moral principles, honesty, and sincerity are the basis of trustworthiness in all encounters.
- Justice: We believe ordering of right relationships with all persons and all creation is fundamental to our advocacy for structures that protect the vulnerable.
- Compassion: We embrace the joys and sorrows of others to whom and with whom we minister and are moved to action in solidarity with the human community.
- Service: We joyfully extend our energy and resources on behalf of the poor, sick and uneducated, working to relieve misery and address its causes where possible.
These values are the roots from which Georgian Court University activities, decisions, and behaviors flow.